2019 Fall Auditions are here!
Saturday, September 14th
10AM-4PM | Katzen Arts Center
Interested in auditioning? Come see what we’re all about at the 2019 A Cappella Preview Concert!
September 7th | 7PM | Kay
We are currently experiencing some problems with our website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
1. How often are auditions?
2. Do I need previous singing experience to get in?
3. How much time does being in OASN take up?
4. Can I be in the DPA and OASN at the same time?
5. What should I prepare for my audition?
6. Is there time for me to beatbox/do vocal percussion during my audition?
7. How many spots are you looking to fill?
8. Is it harder to get in spring semester?
9. If I don’t get in, can I try out again?
10. What if I can’t be there during the audition time?
We normally hold auditions at the beginning of each semester.
Not necessarily – in fact, some of our best singers have never sung in any conventional settings.
We rehearse 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time. On top of that, we usually perform at least twice a month. However, rehearsals and gigs are planned to accommodate individual schedules.
Sure! We’ve had members do it before. You’ll just need to carefully juggle your schedule.
Prepare to perform a song that best shows off your voice. Bring a joke as well!
We focus on how well you sing during auditions first, but if you want to do some vocal percussion afterwards, it certainly will help.
We never go into a semester looking for a specific number of guys. If you’re good enough to get in, you’re good enough to get in.
No. Most people try out in the fall semester, but we’re always looking for guys.
There is no limit on how many times you can try out. We encourage guys to come out and try again. We’ve accepted guys before who didn’t make the group the first time or second time around.
You can e-mail us at email@example.com and we can try to work an audition in around your schedule.